Skip to main content

Property owners and developers must apply to their local council for Resource Consent to make various changes to the building or the property itself.

It requires an application, which can be specific to the area or individual site, as well as careful monitoring upon approval.

However, the various requirements of Resource Consents and stages of the application can be challenging for someone who has never completed one before – especially when there are multiple other areas of the build that require your attention.

These stages can include:
  • Neighbour and community consultation
  • Subdivision planning
  • Architectural designing
  • Council mediation
  • New Zealand standards and regulations
Resource Consent is typically requested when you need permission to make changes to your property or nearby natural features. This can include:
  • Subdividing your land
  • Taking water from a nearby stream or other source
  • Using coastal space
  • Discharging materials or contaminants into the soil, air, or water
  • Building an apartment block
Contact Us
Stack of resource consent papers with coloured clips

Resource Consent help and guidance with Design Network.

Design Network can take the stress out of the Resource Consent process for you.

The entire process can be time consuming and challenging. It requires the coordination between a number of different consultants and planning stages in order to satisfy council that the project meets the planning standards of the region and doesn’t unfairly impact neighbouring dwellings. Depending on the size of the project council will want to see plans addressing:

  • Architecture
  • Earthworks
  • Flooding
  • Subdivision
  • Drainage
  • Landscaping
  • Shading
  • Traffic

At Design Network we are seasoned professionals who have completed countless Resource Consents for projects of all sizes. We can guide you through the process and help you receive Resource Consent approval as quick and seamless as possible.

Contact us today to learn more about gaining Resource Consent for your property.

Our Services

Our Projects


Contact Us